Ever since they were made mainstream, paleo recipes have become quite common in modern diets. They are recommended for all age groups including the elderly in nursing homes and those recovering from various kinds of ailments and nutrient deficiencies. The benefits of paleo crock pot recipes and menus are quite obvious and straightforward. You do not have to look further than the principles of paleo cooking which requires the meal to deliver maximum nutrition through special recipes, and avoidance of toxins and chemicals.
Easy Chicken/Turkey Slow Cooker Meal
Achieving a paleo meal should not be a daunting task especially since there are many easy paleo crock pot recipes you can work with. However, not all suggestions you come by abound by paleo principles. Some are simply quickly completed eBooks that are published for affiliate revenues. It is therefore very important to carefully review these recipes before using them.
What To Consider Regarding Paleo Cooking
There is much talk about easy paleo crock pot recipes and how you can still eat your favorite beef, chicken, and soups without actually packing extra calories or dangerous cholesterol. While this is true when you use actual recipes, there are just too many paleo books available online. So how do you get to pick one that offers real paleo crock pot menus and recipes? First of all, it is important to understand what paleo cooking involves. This will make it easy to distinguish real recipes from spanned information created for a quick sale, download or references. There are two main things to consider about easy paleo crock pot recipes. These are:
- Suggested food items and ingredients – The only way to identify true paleo recipes and menus is through evaluating the ingredient list. Crock pot paleo dishes require food items that are cooked for a longer time over medium heat to ensure tenderness and elimination of toxins. Besides this, the ingredients should all fall within what is acceptable for paleo diets. Paleo conformation entails sticking to organic foods from plants and animals to supply the necessary nutrition and maximum health impact. Processed foods and ingredients are prohibited as they increase the level of toxins in the body. Nothing that compromises your health is acceptable in the diet in whatever amounts. The list of acceptable food items is probably inexhaustible, but they mostly include fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish and chicken, low-fat carbs, healthy fats and oils. The foods to be avoided include processed sugars and additives, packaged junk and trans-fats. You can also find a calorie calculator and work out the amount of calories delivered in one serving of the suggested recipe.
- Reviews and reputation – Reputation review is a faster way of gaining insights on whether a given paleo recipe is genuine and helpful. As aforementioned, there are several easy paleo crock pot recipes available. From forums to blogs, eBooks to magazines, new suggestions keep coming up. Cooking has no boundaries and you can create several versions of one recipe making a few changes without going out the required boundaries. However, you must be very careful about the recipes and ingredients some books recommend. Some menus lead you to certain products that are supposedly safe and acceptable within a paleo recipe. It is advisable to look through comments, complaints, user reviews and testimonials before trying to replicate the recipe in your kitchen. If you find out any negative reviews and complaints, start digging further into the matter. Ideal paleo crock pot recipes will generally have favorable reputation among users. You should review each item in the recipe separately.
Paleo ingredients should be readily available at your local supermarket but must consist of organic plant and animal produce only.
Simple & Delicious Paleo Crock Pot Recipes
There is no limit to the number of easy paleo crock pot recipes existing today. These are only a few suggestions you can quickly prepare at home to achieve healthy paleo dishes that will enrich your body with micronutrients while protecting you from intoxication. Some of the recommended crock pot recipes include the following.
Five Easy Paleo Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crock pot roast – Instead of shying away from roast beef for good, you can use a slow crock-pot roaster to tenderize and give you nutritious meat that falls off the bone. Add crushed carrots in place of potatoes to increase your intake of antioxidants and reduce on starch. You can also use the drippings from your beef to make quick gravy.
- Pulled barbecue beef – Preparing pulled beef may seem like a lot of work only for those who take a short time preparing their meals. If you want healthy nutrition, use a slow cooker to prepare saucy pulled beef that pile up perfectly with your trim veggies and lettuce wraps. This recipe is much better when you add onions, jalapenos and avocado wrapped in lettuce.
- Honey-garlic chicken or turkey – Adding raw honey and garlic to crock pot chicken is a smart way to achieve fast paleo crock pot recipe that is both nutritious and delicious. Simply add the honey and garlic to the chicken and let it cook.
- Minestrone soup – This is one of the best crock pot soups you can make in your kitchen. Simply add sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, spinach, zucchini and any other vegetable you want. Include ground meat for protein value and serve with fresh basic to maximize your appetite for this paleo soup.
- Sweet potato chili – If you want paleo crock pot chili for a cold night, then it could never get better than sweet potato chili. It has the hot taste you are looking for and a sweetness hint that makes it enjoyable. And red pepper flakes and then slow-cook the sweet potato. You can add a few vegetables for improved quality of nutrition. You can cook enough for several nights and freeze the extra to be available on demand.
Get the complete PaleoHacks Cookbook! Read our review here.
Crock pot recipes require time and patience to achieve. They are dishes that are cooked slowly to ensure all the nutrients are released into the dish and toxins are eliminated. Other popular recipes include vegetable korma, Thai chicken-butternut soup, crock pot jalapeno soup, Asian meat balls, and Indian curry chicken among many more. Use vegetables that do not lose their nutrient value when slow cooked for a longer duration. More importantly, ensure all ingredients are organic. You should buy from credible grocery stores that are known for high quality ingredients.
Recommended article for weight loss yoga: read now!