Ever heard cellulite referred to as cottage cheese? Well, cottage cheese is something that should just be a term used to refer to the food item. Not a single woman should need to stress out over her thighs, arms, butt, or legs having the appearance of that lumpy, dimpled dairy product. However, it does happen unfortunately. Even those of us who diet and exercise properly are prone to get cellulite. As a matter of fact, 88% of all women In the US have this unsightly condition. How about we first take a look at the root cause first so that we can better understand a solution that actually works? Then we’ll take a look at how yoga for cellulite is perhaps the better option.
Reported by the the news website, The Scientific American, cellulite usually begins to appear as we get to the menopause phase of our lives and our estrogen levels begin to decrease. It generally happens between the ages of 25 to 35 (or sometimes even earlier). As our estrogen levels decrease, our blood circulation does as well. The reduced amount of nutrients and oxygen being delivered leads to collagen production to decrease. This in turn causes our fat cells to increase in number and size. As they start to move through the diminishing layer of collagen, they then create the lumpy appearance we have come to know as cellulite.
Americans, and other Western culture these days, have become more sedentary. Cellulite wasn’t really cited in medical journals, considered a cultural issue, or thoroughly researched until the 1970’s and 80’s. Although the root cause of cellulite is more than just living a sedentary lifestyle, maintaining optimal circulation is more easily fixed with exercise. However, there are a specific set of exercises that can actually accentuate your cellulite. This is why it is important to do the correct set of exercises to tone the muscles directly beneath the fatty skin where cellulite is prominent. If you’d like to take yoga classes online where you can have direct access to any instructor you wish, you can try YogaGlo for free. Learn more about YogaGlo here.
Top 5 Exercises To Remove Cellulite From The Buttocks and Thighs
- The Plie Squat – Instead of doing squats with our feet apart at hip width and our toes pointing forward, slide your feet out just a bit wider. Also point the toes of both feet to the corresponding adjacent wall, where as you’d have your left toes pointing toward the left wall and right toes point toward the right wall. Maintain the technique and posture of a regular squat, but during the upward motion, contract the inner thighs. Squeeze your buttocks inward and push your pelvis out when at the top. This is to help you target the inside of your thighs as well as the outer thighs.
- Medicine Ball Squats – This is to help you improve your range of motion when doing squats so that you will better target and tone all of the muscles in your hamstrings, quads, thighs, and buttocks leading to cellulite reduction. It is important that you pick a medicine ball that is not too heavy. Feel free to try this exercise without a medicine ball first to ensure you know your current range of motion without causing pain or injury. With your feet approximately shoulder-width apart, hold the medicine ball over your head. Slowly bend your buttocks backward (while gently arching your lower back). Squat down as low as you can comfortable go but be wary of any knee or back pain. Slowly bring your medicine ball down and front with your arms stretched. Top when you have the ball at shoulder level. All though you are concentrated on the ball, ensure your knees remain behind your toes at all times and your chest is pushed up and out. Breathe out and stand up out of the squat slowly while lifting the medicine ball over your head once more.
- The Bridge – Get on your yoga mat and lie on your back and rest your arms at your side. Move your feet flat on the floor and under your knees. Move your hips upward toward the ceiling, tightening your buttocks. Your shoulder blades and upper back should push down into the mat. Once you have fully thrust your hips up as high as you can, slowly bring them back down and repeat. Once you are strong enough and able, try this exercise on just one leg at a time while keeping the other leg straight at the knee and parallel to the floor. Switch legs and repeat this exercise.
- Mountain Climbers – This is a combination of movements much like Yogalates exercises. You should begin by standing and bend over forward. Place hands on the floor/mat and slide your legs back. This brings you to the plank position. Rapidly move your left knee forward as close to your chest as you can and back again. Repeat this on your right side. Now bring the left knee out to your left side toward your arm pit. Bring your leg back so that you are in the plank position and repeat this movement on the right side. Once you have gone through all four of these movements, stand up. Drop down and repeat at quickly as you can!
- Resistance Band Side Leg Lifts – Take one resistance band and sit down on your mat. Wrap the resistance band around your ankles. Now lie on your right hand side keeping your legs straight. Your your right elbow and forearm for leverage and stability as you move your left leg up as high as you can. Be sure to keep your knees straight. Bring your left leg back down slowly and repeat this motion for about 30 seconds. Switch sides and repeat.
Yoga for cellulite is so damn effective because of how cellulite forms. Cellulite forms when certain muscles become atrophied, weak, and sloppy. This results in the fat deposits directly beneath the skin to be distributed irregularly. The tissues that connect the skin to the underlying muscle are note evenly toned. This makes yoga for cellulite an ideal solution to get rid of that lumpy, bumpy looking skin. Yoga will help rid you of cellulite because of how it tones your muscles, relaxes tissues, and restores balance to your physique.
Please remember that diet plays a big role in burning fat and reducing cellulite. That is why we have also reviewed the Cellulite Destroyer System and highly recommend it to incorporate these cellulite remedies into your daily routine.